OUTBermuda has recently undertaken a strategic planning exercise in addition to surveying the community to investigate the direction the organization should go and how it can best serve the LGBTQ+ community in Bermuda. To reach both its short-term and long- term goals, it realises it needs to raise its operations to the next level. A key enabling step is the hiring of a part-time Executive Director.
Reports to: OUTBermuda Board, subject to direct supervision of the Board Chairperson
Hours: 20 hours per week, some nights and weekends
Compensation & Salary: to be determined; commensurate with experience
Closing Date for applications: 14 January 2022
The position will be responsible for:
- Overall administration of OUTBermuda and will act with broad authority to develop mission-appropriate education programs, advocate for LGBTQ+ issues, and play a key role in fundraising and budget management.
- Guide OUTBermuda in its transition, and work with the Board to implement a long-term strategic plan for the organisation.
- Develop and work closely with the organisation’s committees
- Build and oversee a volunteer program that will be a key facet of community outreach.
- Execute on a fundraising plan identifying sources and use of funds to ensure continued operations of OUTBermuda. Grant writing and donor cultivation will be essential. Community-building and fundraising events are held throughout the year.
- Ensure donations are recorded and donors are thanked appropriately and engaged throughout the year.
- Enhance OUTBermuda’s public presence by overseeing the publication of newsletters on a regular basis, periodically updating the website and social profiles and ensuring that articles about OUTBermuda appear in local publications in a timely manner.
- Develop, launch and lead programmes for OUTBermuda, as identified by the Board, and as needed when opportunities/requests arise.
- Work with the Treasurer and Finance Committee to develop an annual budget.
- Maintain close working relationships with Governmental entities, the business community, and other relevant organisations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline is a requirement.
- Minimum of five years’ leadership or management experience.
- Experience working with nonprofits, particularly LGBTQ+-focused organisations, preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft office is required. Experience with donor databases a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to communicate with a diverse audience.
- Passion for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Motivated self-starter able to work in an unstructured environment and manage projects.
- Compassion and good listening skills, which are vital.
Applications with detailed resume should be sent to: Adrian L Hartnett-Beasley, Board Chairperson by email OUTBermuda@gmail.com